- Long-Term Disability (LTD) provides 24/7 on and off the job coverage
- LTD Monthly Benefit of $2,000
- LTD Duration: 2 or 5 Years
- LTD Elimination Period: 365 Days
- LTD Includes $10,000 of Life/AD&D coverage
- Additional Life/AD&D coverage available for member, spouse, and child(ren)
About Open Enrollment
We are pleased to announce that Open Enrollment has begun for IBEW Rail Voluntary Life and Long-Term Disability coverages. Both coverages are offered separately and a member’s participation in one or both of these options, and the level to which they participate, is voluntary and strictly the individual’s choice.
The purpose of this group plan is to give you options to supplement your income in the event that you cannot work as the result of an injury, illness, or death. All insurance under this group plan will cover you for as long as you continue to remain actively employed, pay premium, and be in good standing with the union.
Notice to All Participants – Please Read
This group plan has minimum participation requirements for the plan to become effective. Failure to meet participation could prevent the plan from becoming effective, or delay the effective date.
You must be an actively working, full dues paying member of the IBEW Railroad union, working a minimum of 30 hours per week, in order to be eligible to enroll in and maintain coverage.
If you are suspended, dismissed, retire, or leave the IBEW Railroad for any reason, you are no longer eligible for disability coverage and it is your responsibility to contact our office immediately at 847-387-3555 so that we may stop your premium payments. Disabilities that occur after being removed from work are not covered. Your disability coverage will resume on the day your return to work (see below “Actively at Work Notice”)
Actively at Work Notice
To be covered by the Group Policy you must be actively at work performing the duties of your own occupation when the policy goes into effect or when returning to work from a disability claim. Days spent not working to include, but not limited to; PLD, vacation, working light duty, and FMLA days do not count as actively working days. If you are not actively at work when the policy goes into effect, your coverage effective date will be deferred until your first full day of active work.
- 24 Hour Coverage – this benefit covers you on and off the job
- Active IBEW Rail members working a minimum of 30 hours per week are eligible
- Pre-existing conditions are covered after 12 months on the plan
- Mental Illnesses are covered for up to 24 months of benefits paid
- Alcohol and Drug abuse are covered for up to 24 months of benefits paid
- The remainder of total disability benefit up to 75% will be paid in a lump sum upon the diagnosis of a terminal illness
How do Income Replacement Benefits Work?
Time Left To Enroll